In order to have any success at losing weight, getting in shape or even getting ripped you must first know your calories. By knowing your calories you can help yourself build the body you want. It really is this simple and many people fail to realize this. So I want to cover this just briefly and then in greater detail a little later.
Here are the main things to know to get you started. Know how many calories a day you need to be eating for your goals. This is step number one and you must do it and not just estimate. If you need help calculating your calories then see the suggestions below. Then step two is know how much or the percentage of each of the BIG 3 calorie categories (Fat, Carbohydrates, Protein) you need to be eating. For example, If you’d like to lose weight, burn up fat and/or help tone your body a good ratio to start is 40/30/30. This means 40% Protein, 30% Fat, 30% Carbohydrates. So if you’re eating a slim down 1500 calories a day plan then 40% should consist of protein.
I hope this quick press is somewhat useful as I will go into detail within the next few days. As far as the suggestions go here a couple of free options you have. First, you can sign up for a free Team Beachbody account, in the account page you will get free tools to help you. You simply enter your current weight and height and tell it your goal weight and they give you a plan of how many calories you need to eat in order to get there. Plus, you’ll be able to login and enter any workout you do (i.e. Swimming, Running, Gym, etc.) and track your progress. Visit here to start http://www.teambeachbody.com/signup/-/signup/free?referringRepId=136149 and set up your profile and make friends to help you stay motivated! Or you can also try an app for your phone which I also personally use. It’s called Lose It, and it’s free as well from the app store and will also help you track your calories and the percentages of the BIG 3. So enjoy these free tools and hope you have success!
Extreme Weight Loss
Jarrod Ames founder of GetBeachReadyNow.com
Everyone nowadays is looking to lose some weight, right? Most people will lose 10 to 20 lbs, maybe more, but unfortunately most will put it back on plus more. If this has been you, don’t be surprised and don’t feel alone about it. Did you know that the Center for Disease Control now reports that nearly 2 out of every 3 Americans are overweight? Did you also know that about 42 million children that registered for school this year were also considered to be overweight? So now thinking about those facts do you think that you may want to lose some weight and keep it off? What about if you need to lose more than 20lbs.? Would you be open to hearing about how you can have an Extreme Weight Loss transformation?
If you said yes above then you NEED to keep reading this! Now how about this question? Have you been ripped off, scammed and/or taken advantage of when it came to trying to lose weight and get in shape? I’m guessing that you probably have been ripped off before. Don’t worry, most Americans get ripped off every year! Worse of all, usually they don’t know it until it’s too late! THINK! Have you been paying for a gym membership to help you have the Extreme Weight Loss experience and change your life? Now think, how often have you gone? My guess is that your answer is a lot in the beginning and now not so much, right? You were all excited and committed in the beginning and now it’s just not on your need to do list, correct? What was it that made you stop reaching for your goals? My best guess, because I see and hear this all the time, you just stop getting results or you didn’t get the results you wanted. Does this sound familiar? Would you like to reverse this? How would you like to know a cheap and effective way to boost you Extreme Weight Loss goals and make them a reality?
Whether you go to a gym, are running to lose weight, walking or just improving your diet there is a way to boost your efforts almost effortlessly! This is real and no joke! Let me ask you these questions. Do you drink coffee on a regular basis, like go to Starbucks? Do you drink any kind of energy drinks? Now, how much do you spend on all of that in a day, a week and in a month? Really think about this? Now think about all the stuff you’ve bought to help you lose weight. Things like shakes like Slim Fast, weight loss pills, water pills and any other kind of supplements with ingredients you’ve never heard of? Now how would you like to ditch all of those, save yourself money and actually lose some weight for a change? Would you be open to giving your body a boost and achieve some Extreme Weight Loss? Learn about what I use to help me burn fat and have energy all day!
If you said yes to anything above then DON’T WASTE ANYMORE MONEY AND TIME! Hurry up, and see more here to learn about natural energy and boost your Extreme Weight Loss efforts at http://www.velocityenergy-weightloss.com
Please like, comment and share!
I am now in the 3rd week of the Bulk phase (2nd Phase) of the Body Beast home fitness program. This program is designed to help gain muscle mass in just 90 days. So far in 6 weeks of the program I have gone from 201.6 pounds when I started to 205.9 pounds as of the start of this week. That is nearly a 5 pound gain in mass size since starting. I really enjoy the program so far and recommend it to anyone looking to put on muscle. See this for more info on Body Beast http://www.sevenfiguremastermindteam.com/7metalgod7/77566
So you have begun to exercise or already are and not seeing a whole lot of changes? Think about this for a moment, what are or have you been eating? If you feed your body crap all day then you won’t get anywhere! In addition, your body won’t perform the way it should and your workouts will suffer. This is a big reason why people quit or as I’d like to say yo yo cise.
First thoughts on Body Beast
Jarrod Ames Founder of GetBeachReadyNow.com
Recently I purchased the Body Beast home fitness program from Beachbody. I have previously used P90X, Insanity, Asylum and P90X2 programs and gotten results. However, my struggle has always been adding muscle to my body. That’s why I was so excited to hear about the creation of this program from Beachbody. It’s the first ever home bodybuilding DVD workout series that takes you step by step to build a bigger and better body. From the guide book with an amazingly easy to follow nutrition plan to the easy to follow workout schedule this program is packed with getting you results.
The DVD’s are arranged in a way that anyone can pick this program up and begin to build their body. The program is designed to help you build a foundation first, then bulk it up and then strip away fat to show the muscles you have built. A very simple concept and design I think. So far I am currently a week and a half in and love this program. I am finding that each routine is challenging and I enjoy how they all are under an hour which fits my schedule better. I personally find this program to be of great value to anyone looking to add muscle to their frame or just trying to get really fit. I definitely would recommend this program to other people if wanting to build muscle and get ripped is their goal.
I will be adding a 30 day review of the program that will detail the DVD’s themselves and any changes or results I have seen in the first 30 days. Follow this blog for the updates and thanks for reading!
P90X Tips Series Plyometrics DVD
Jarrod Ames Founder of GetBeachReadyNow.com
This workout in the P90X series is considered to be the mother of it all. It’s cardio conditioning, leg training and jump training and athletic training all in one 60 minute workout! This workout is definitely one of the most difficult or demanding workouts in the series, especially if you are new to P90X. Here are some tips I’ve put together and now share with you after doing a few rounds of P90X myself.
1. This workout is really tough the first few times out, especially if you’re just starting out. Drink water throughout the workout but only in small sips to avoid cramping. With all the jump training movements it’s very easy to suffer from cramping due to over hydration. Also, if you are prone to cramps then eat a banana 30-45 mins before hand.
2. It’s okay to modify if, you cannot properly perform the exercise, if you are fatigued, if you get fatigued during an exercise and do it to avoid risking any injuries. It’s okay to not keep up with the people in the video, you do what you can the best that you can.
3. Do not skip the warm ups and cool downs for this video. Also consider on doing a few more leg stretches after the video. Your legs will thank you for it. 4. Do not skip the Yoga two days later! No matter how bad your legs hurt you will need the stretches towards the end of Yoga X. Your legs will feel much better after Yoga X, I promise.
5. The movements in the video are not difficult to follow. Do not over think them or try to master them the first time out. Just make sure you are using good form and when that starts to go then you know you are done. Do not sacrifice good form on any exercise just because there are seconds left on the clock.
6. Make sure you’re taking some form of recovery drink after this and really every workout. Your body needs the nutrients, as they will help your body repair after the strenuous exercise.
Thank you for reading! If you have any questions please feel free to comment and if you are interested in learning about after workout recovery shakes please email me at email@example.com
Healthy Meal Ideas
Jarrod Ames Founder of GetBeachReadyNow.com
Here is a great meal tip idea from the pages of Men’s Health that I personally love and want to share. Serves 2
Ingredients needed –
- 1 bunch of cilantro, stems and leaves separated
- 1 can (14.5 oz) stewed tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stem and seeds removed
- Two chicken breast baked and shredded
- Salt and pepper for taste
- 1 can (15.5 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Pre cook chicken ahead of time (about 30-40 minutes or until there is no pink)
To Prepare –
- Make the adobo sauce – In a blender or processor, puree the cilantro stems with the tomatoes and jalapeno. Transfer the mix to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium to high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens and reduced by half, about 8 – 10 minutes.
- Remove sauce from the heat and stir in the chicken, season to taste with the salt and pepper. Heat the beans in a small skillet on medium heat, stirring and smashing the beans with the back of a large spoon, until they are slightly thickened (about 3-4 minutes). Season beans with salt and pepper.
- Heat the tortillas until warm. Fill the tacos with the adobo chicken, beans, sour cream and cilantro leaves.