Quick Chicken Adobo and Black-Bean Tacos
Healthy Meal Ideas
Jarrod Ames Founder of GetBeachReadyNow.com
Here is a great meal tip idea from the pages of Men’s Health that I personally love and want to share. Serves 2
Ingredients needed –
- 1 bunch of cilantro, stems and leaves separated
- 1 can (14.5 oz) stewed tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stem and seeds removed
- Two chicken breast baked and shredded
- Salt and pepper for taste
- 1 can (15.5 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Pre cook chicken ahead of time (about 30-40 minutes or until there is no pink)
To Prepare –
- Make the adobo sauce – In a blender or processor, puree the cilantro stems with the tomatoes and jalapeno. Transfer the mix to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium to high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens and reduced by half, about 8 – 10 minutes.
- Remove sauce from the heat and stir in the chicken, season to taste with the salt and pepper. Heat the beans in a small skillet on medium heat, stirring and smashing the beans with the back of a large spoon, until they are slightly thickened (about 3-4 minutes). Season beans with salt and pepper.
- Heat the tortillas until warm. Fill the tacos with the adobo chicken, beans, sour cream and cilantro leaves.